Monday, August 21, 2006

Welcome to Punky Purls

Hi Everybody welcome to punkypurls. I have been wanting to start a blog for a while and with a little of encouragement from my lovely sister here it is. This blog will mostly be dedicated to all things crafty, mostly knitting and crochet but I also like to scrapbook and make candles. Haven't done much scrapbooking or candle making in a while I have been stung by the knitting bug... I love love love to knit. I have only been knitting since December 2005 but I am completely addicted. I taught myself through books and internet, gotta love the web. My friends think I am nuts! I try and explain but they just don't seem to understand my passion.
I have been crocheting off and on since the age of 16 and I am currently making a baby blanket for my niece. I started this darn blanket in February but my mind keeps going back to "what can I knit?"...Poor Sadie might not get the blanket til she has kids of her own. Just joking Shane I wont make her wait that long :) Here is a recent picture. I am halfway there, 3 more rows to go.

There are a few projects that are finished under my belt, but the majority of my knitting is unfinished. I guess I get excited when I find a project that I want to knit or a yarn that I want to use. I don't know if anyone else is like that. My friend tells me that I should finish 2 of my projects before I start a new one but I just can't help myself. I guess I like variety. Most of my finished projects are socks or hats or bags, quick knits I guess you could say. Fast and satisfying. Ya Know? Here are a couple of my finished projects.

(sorry about the pictures being off center I cant get it any better...I will keep tinkering with it later.)

Well enough of this for now I will be back in a couple of days. Thank You for visiting my blog I hope to see you back!
Happy Knitting!!!

No comments: