Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fun Stuff!!!

I got my Knit Picks package in the mail today and had to try my hands a dying yarn with kool aid. What do you think? Here are some pictures of my 1st dye job. At first I wanted the yarn to be a semi solid blue so I used 2pks of Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade. But the dye didn't get distributed evenly. I guess I didn't use enough. So I looked in my cabinets and found 1pk of Wild Watermelon Kiwi, and there was still some white spots so I over dyed it with 1pk of Lemonade. I like the way it looks so far I just can't wait to see how it knits up. It's Knit Picks Bare 100% Superwash Wool in DK Weight. I am planning on designing my own sock in honor of Socktoberfest. Wish me luck I will keep you all posted.
I also got some other lovely things in the box. I ordered some yarn for Cierra's Pinwheel Sweater and some Circular needles. I love knitting in the round using magic loop but the needles that I have I hated. They didn't have a smooth join so I finally broke down and bought these and I LOVE THEM and I will NEVER go back to Wolle Rodel circular needles!!!
Hope that you are all enjoying the Socktober season. Can't wait to see what you are all knitting up this month. Happy Knitting.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Your hand dyed turned out really pretty. I love all the shades. And I must agree with ya, the KP circs are pretty darn awesome, especially for the price too. :)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done on the dyeing! Enjoy your KP loot!

Shawna said...

have you started knitting up your yarn yet?

knitting chick said...

TAG! Your it! the 7 truths about yourself. Go to my blog and find the list.