Monday, May 05, 2008

Well alot has been happening....

First I learned a new craft, scratch that obsession ;) On Saturday I got away from the kids for a little while. My husband is back home so I got a little break. I went to Lambs Ear Farm my new local yarn store. I took a spinning class. I had so much fun learning something new and I have already place my first orders on Etsy for more beautiful roving. I can't wait til it's here. But first look at what I made. These pictures are in order of when I spun them. Each time I have gotten much better. Like they say practice makes perfect right.


I had fun in the class. There was only one other person in the class. She was sweet and I learned alot in that hour.

I also finished some socks that took 10months to knit. I don't know why I didn't finish these earlier, once I cast on for the second sock it was done in 2 days. I also knit the second sock on different size needles not thinking that 1.5 needles would make that much of a difference but it did. Oh well who sees my toes anyway?


The first sock ended up feeling tighter then the second so I washed and put it on a sock blocker to stretch it a bit and that seemed to do the trick. I love them even though they don't match.


Specs: Vesper sock Yarn in "Astro" colorway


size 1 and 1.5 needles haha


Time to knit 10 whole months...goodness


We also got a new car for my husband, out of necessity. His other car was run into the ground. I guess all those years driving around Germany took it's tole on the little Neon. Well He got a Pontiac G6 it's a nice car. Alot of cool features. He likes it, that's all that really matters.


I also got my first shipment from dkKnits Wool Dye for Ewe sock club. Becky is such a sweet heart. She really takes time to find out what you like to dye the perfect yarn for you. Her customer service is excellent. If you haven't bought from her yet you definitely should.


She is so thoughtful in more ways then one. She knows that my husband is a hard working soldier and she wanted to say thank you to him so she sent me some more lovely yarn just for Travis. It's technicolor dream toes sock yarn in "Army" colorway. Very appropriate. I showed it to him and he wanted me to say thanks on his behalf to Becky. I will be knitting him his first pair of hand knit socks. And even though I had a little contest in the last post it was at the end of the post so no one entered to win free yarn oh well maybe next time. My big secret is that I am going to be opening a Etsy shop. My plan is to make "Punky Pouches" a perfect sized bag for small knitting projects like socks. They can also be used to hold makeup and what not. Here is an example of what I will be offering in the shop. I'm just waiting on my washer and dryer to arrive so that I can wash the fabric I bought the other day and get sewing. I will keep you updated and let you know when the shop is up and running. There will also be other sizes of bags, different designs and other odds and ends. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what you would want to see in the shop. All your help is appreciated.

That's all for now, Thank you all for reading & Happy Crafting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty socks, yarn, fiber, spinning, car - um I mean manly car!