Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hello Socktoberfest...Sorry I'm so late to join!

Socktoberfest 2006 questionnaire.

*When did you start making socks? February 2006
*Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?I kind of taught myself using the wonderful invention called the "World Wide Web" Thanks to these sites for all your help. Here and Here
*What was your first pair? Just a basic sock using chenille type yarn. Here is a picture. They were a little loose but hey they worked for around the house.


*How have they "held up" over time? So far so good, they wash up well.
*What would you have done differently? I would have used a smaller needle to do the cuff.
*What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? Well I only have a few options around here in Germany. But my favorite here is Wolle Rodel. I am really looking forward to get some Lorna's Lace though.
*Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I love to use DPNs. When my non-knitting friends see me knitting with them they are so impressed.
*Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) I really like sort row.
*How many pairs have you made? uh...4 pairs so far. Not including the one on the needles now.